SAIC is seeking a Flight Director on the OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position has an emphasis on ground system engineering and test services during the continued implementation of upgrades to the Command, Control & Communications (C3S) segment to support the launch of JPSS-2 and future mission capabilities. The position locations are in Lanham, MD and Suitland, MD.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) next generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA’s mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation’s economy and protect lives and property.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience.
- Must be able to pass Government background investigation.
- MS Office skills.
- Knowledge of system engineering and integration tools.
- Experience with Spacecraft Operations.
- Ability to interact with distributed team members and different corporate cultures.