SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for an Inventory Manager in Cherry Point, North Carolina. This position is contingent upon contract award in the Fall of 2021.
The Inventory Manager will provide direct support and advice to the contract Inventory Management PM, gaining significant insight and experience with enterprise-wide 3PL operations to manage day-to-day material flow at government customer sites.
The Inventory Manager responsibilities will include:
- Establishes, maintains, and adjusts inventory levels to ensure material availability to Artisans. Integrates warehousing, material procurement, inventory management, demand forecasting and supply management analysis to improve program business practices and order fulfillment.
- Provides the Inventory Management PM cargo and freight solutions to ensure economically sound transportation decisions were made.
- Oversee warehouse inventory, Issue Center distribution and delivery functions to provide optimal supply chain efficiency while reducing inventory shortages or wasting of expired stock in excess of anticipated demand.
- Maintain, execute and monitor Contractor’s Quality Control Program (QCP) surveillance protocols for effectiveness and strict compliance IAW contract requirements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of comprehensive physical and financial Inventory and Cycle Count procedures, taking into consideration unique operational support challenges and limitations inherent with Hazardous Material (HM) and Shelf Life management.
- Uses understanding of customer usage data to establish procurement policies and procedures to plan and execute inventory management processes, process open purchase procurements, ensure stocking and warehousing of HAZMAT, calculate fill rates and identify government owned vice materials.
- Collaborates with Inventory Management Program Manager regarding stock reorders, vendor quotes for Direct Turnover Items, demand forecasting, processing waste through SLED and to process Purchase Requests.
- Reviews and approves HAZMAT demand data, inventory levels, buying frequency/patterns and performance of sources of supply.
- Extract and perform analytics on historical procurement data to produce reports, forecast stock levels and anticipate material acquisition sufficient to meet ongoing operational and production requirements.
- Reviews budgetary, inventory and accountability reports on behalf of the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) to validate monies spent, inventory on hand and proper procedures are followed.
- Oversees procurement transactions and price reasonableness.
- Analyzes historical order trends, identifies potential issues, and extrapolates future material demands for building of near- and long-term stocking strategies.
- Utilize experience and with Federal Supply System and commercial (3PL) stock sourcing and replenishment practices to provide accurate demand-based sparing decisions for exemplary and robust stock posture.
BASIC EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution; Four (4) additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Five (5) years or more of related experience in project and materials management.
- US Citizenship
- Favorable National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC)