What you’ll get to do
Definitive Logic is currently seeking an experienced Solutions Architect in our Arlington, VA office,
to assist our team in helping our clients drive business value from their data assets. Be a leader in our high performing team that designs, develops, and implements data-centric solutions using the latest tools, technologies, and techniques. Help our customers enhance their analytic capabilities and the way they integrate, manage, and use their data by creating modern data architectures. In short, this individual contributor position will operate as a trusted advisor that helps the Data Solutions Practice
and its customers achieve their goals.
Your qualifications for this position will include:
- Provide technical leadership on data architecture and solution design decisions.
- Evaluate and recommend the best-fit tools and services to meet requirements.
- Participate in requirements gathering and translation to functional and technical requirements.
- Enable and articulate the benefits of data modernization using cloud platforms.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams across the organization to deliver results through clear leadership/direction, influence, and integration with agile development processes.
- Educate and develop strategies for enterprise data management and data governance.
- Drive innovative approaches to solving business and technical problems in the data and analytics domain.
- Design and assist the implementation of modernized and efficient data operations capabilities.
- Participate in Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes to ensure system security policies are met and Authority to Operate is obtained.
- Interface with our technology and solution partners to create compelling solutions.
Nice to have:
- BS Degree
- US Citizen
- Minimum of seven (7+) years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of five (5+) Solution architecture experience, using AWS/Azure/Lambda/EC2 data platform components.
- Minimum of five (5+) years of Data warehouse (Kimball)/data lake design and implementation experience.
- Knowledge and hands-on expertise employing relevant data management and business intelligence tools and concepts across: ETL, storage, data modelling, BI, data science and data governance areas.
- Ability to create detailed architectures that include infrastructure, security, disaster recovery/BCP plans.
- Ability to accurately produce documentation of data models, data flows and system integration diagrams.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and possessing a track record across various life-cycle phases (cross-functional experience highly desirable).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to understand, learn and apply new technologies rapidly.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Master of Business Administration or Information Systems degree.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate or Professional (preferred) certification.
- Experience implementing AWS data services such as Glue, Redshift, RDS, DMS.
- Experience creating System Interface Agreements.
- Security+ or equivalent certification
- Candidate must possess or be able to acquire a DoD Secret clearance.
Definitive Logic is a management and technology consulting firm known for delivering outcomes and ROI for agencies’ most complex business challenges.
We are a Small Business based in Arlington, VA which delivers performance-based and outcome-driven technology consulting solutions that directly support the strategic intent of our Defense, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Federal Civilian and Commercial clients. We’re the preferred technology integration partner for Federal agencies to apply the best of data science, app dev, DevSecOps, cyber and cloud solutions to improve decision support, empower front-line employees and enhance back-office operations. We serve as trusted advisors providing objective, fact-based, vendor & technology-neutral consulting services.
Definitive Logic is ultimately a team of problem solvers — thought leaders, domain experts, coders, data enthusiasts, and technophiles. Our exciting projects and learning and sharing culture has consistently resulted in validation as a Great Place to Work: 2021 Washington Post Top Work Places (7-time winner) | 2021 Virginia Best Places To Work (8 years running, #1 midsize in 2019)