SAIC is seeking a Document Analyst to provide support on-site in the Pentagon in working as part of contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of the General Counsel (OGC). The candidate will, work daily with the Deputy General Counsel and OGC office staff.
- Provide document indexing and records management support including:
- Develop and maintain policy and procedures for record filing and disposal in accordance with DoD standards
- Screen, prepare, scan and index legal review files before they are sent for storage and archiving.
- Coordinate records and comply with records management instructions, records retention/disposal guidance, and annual inspection of file plans/records.
- Address security requirements and procedures for properly handling and storing/archiving classified materials with NARA.
- Distinguish classified information from unclassified information when archiving legal files.
- Codify and categorize documents for digital files.
- Convert legal files into electronic form
- This includes document preparation, scanning, transferring scanned documents to storage media and performing final quality checks
- Provide database, indexing, and archival support, to include:
- analysis of chronological files;
- review of archival documents;
- review international agreements; and
- input data from international agreements into the international agreements database (IAD).
- Other tasks and assignments may also include:
- Providing administrative support to the OGC office attorneys.
- Assisting with administration including the coordinating, assisting, and filing of legal actions for OGC.
- Providing administrative and records management office support in addressing the workload (e.g., tracking, organizing, and archiving) and knowledge management activities across the government attorneys and contractor staff.
- Hand-carrying legal actions to other coordinating offices throughout day.
- Opening and closing actions using the suspense tracking system (STS).
- Performing general editing functions, answering phone calls, escorting non-cleared personnel in the office, maintaining files, and preparing correspondence.
- Making copies, scanning documents, producing files, assisting in scheduling and monthly reports, and maintaining basic office functions.
Education & Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent. and seven (7) years of related expereince.
- At least three (3) years or more relevant document analysis/records management experience with the Department of Defense.
- The ability to review, understand, and analyze complex legal and non-legal DoD documents
- Understanding of security requirements and procedures for properly handling and storing/archiving classified materials.
- Familiarity with NARA storage procedures
- Fluency with, and understanding of, DoD, Joint Staff, and the Military Departments standards of practice and records management
- Ability to leverage established relationships with other DoD components and agencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Experience with knowledge of administrative and clerical functions, processes, practices and procedures.
- Flexible team player and capable of interacting at all levels within the customer space as well as other parts of the defense community.
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks under pressure with limited supervision.
- Strong admin skills and a strong ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility in order to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.