SAIC has a potential opportunity for a Material Handler to support a DLA Troop Support Construction and Equipment program. The work is contingent upon contract award which is anticipated in early 2022 and will be located on site at Fort Polk, LA.
Full time on-site individual whose primary function is to transport or store merchandise in support of a contractor managed storefront at Fort Polk.
Duties involve the following: manually loading or unloading freight cars, trucks or other transporting devices; unpacking, shelving or placing items in proper storage locations; and transporting goods by hand truck, cart or wheelbarrow.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum years 1+ year of related experience
- Personnel shall be qualified to operate forklifts and/or warehouse tractors by manipulating hand and foot controls, lifting, tilting and lowering load and operating in forward and reverse positions as necessary and move, load or unload, transport, stack, or un-stack palletized or bulk materials from one location to another, such as satellite storage areas, and shall be skilled in all the functions associated with the packing, marking, etc.
- Contractor personnel operating these vehicles shall be sufficiently licensed by the Contractor using Occupational Safety and Health Administration Guidelines (OSHA) to operate the Contractor provided material handling equipment
- Must pass a NCIC check
- Must possess a valid Louisiana (or equivalent) Driver's License