We are looking for candidates passionate about craftsmanship, teamwork, and delivering user capability to join SAIC supporting the Air Force weather community on the Technology Application Development & Sustainment (TADS) contract.
The successful candidate will provide hands on experience designing, purchasing, installing, configuring, and maintaining enterprise hardware assets.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Growth Mindset
• Servant Leadership
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years experience; Master's and 3 years of experience; Phd and 0 years of experience or 9 years of experience in lieu of degree
• Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
• Analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
• Direct technicians, engineering designers or other technical support personnel as needed.
• Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
• Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
• Provide technical support to designers, marketing and sales departments, suppliers, engineers and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process.
• Provide training and support to system designers and users.
• Recommend purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
• Select hardware and material, assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
• Specify power supply requirements and configuration, drawing on system performance expectations and design specifications.
• Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
• Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, analyzing and recording test data.
• Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
• Familiarity with Cloud computing and open source solutions
• Advanced Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems and Administration
• Must have good communication skills, readily and agreeably work in a team environment
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, Theory of Constraints)
• Ability to support 24x7 on-call rotation
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
• CompTIA Security+, Network+, CSSLP, or equivalent
• Active Secret Clearance
• Familiarity with 557th Weather Wing