SAIC is seeking a cybersecurity specialist to support the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the program and its customers. We are looking for a detail-oriented cybersecurity specialist to be responsible for desktop, mobile, and network security, troubleshooting network access and implementing network security policies and procedures at our organization.
Key responsibilities are:
- Managing, installing, administering, and troubleshooting network security solutions for the organization’s servers, desktop and mobile equipment.
- Ensuring email and data storage networks work properly
- Managing telecommunication networks
- Updating software with the latest security patches and ensuring the proper defenses are present for each network resource
- Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements, and recommending improvements.
- Participating in decisions about buying future hardware or software to upgrade the organization’s network
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 or more years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree and 3 of more years of relevant experience.
- Active Top Secret Clearance or equivalent and ability to obtain SCI
- CompTIA Security + or equivalent certification required for DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2 compliance
- Experience with DIACAP and RMF
- Working knowledge of eMASS, HBSS, and ACAS
- Experience in applying information systems security principles and concepts, and project management principles.
- Proven hardware/software troubleshooting experience
- Experience with patching and applying STIGs and other cyber technologies that implement security controls in military cyberspace operational environments such as firewalls, router ACLs, PKI, OWASP, scripting, identity management, virtualization, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all organization levels
- HBSS and ACAS installation and management experience
- Experience with scripting languages
- Performing vulnerability and penetration tests, identifying and defending against threats, and developing disaster recovery plans
- Creating network policies and authorization roles and defending against unauthorized access, modifications, and destruction
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.