SAIC is seeking a Cyber Training Development Engineer to join our team in support of our customer in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Work collaboratively in the development and presentation of course material for Industrial Control System/Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (ICS/SCADA) cybersecurity course.
- The candidate will be skilled in manufacturing automation design, integration, troubleshooting, engineering, programming, and consulting.
- They will have some experience presenting material in a classroom environment.
- The candidate will have exceptional problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently and in team environments.
- They will be proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in a high output environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent and 5 years of experience; Master's degree and 3 years of experience. Four (4) additional years’ of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years SCADA programming experience
- 3+ year of PLC / HMI programming experience
- 5+ year of manufacturing experience.
- Experience with Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) operations, wiring, and configuration.
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) operations, wiring, and programming.
- Experience with Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) operations, wiring, and programming.
- Experience with installation and implementation of process controls networks
- Familiarity with ISO 13849 Safety Standard
- Familiarity with NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety Requirements in the Workplace.
- Understanding of electrical control design principles.
- Proficient in IEC 61131-3 PLC programming languages.
- Working knowledge of MQTT, Modbus, CAN, and equivalent device protocols.
- Proficient in advanced networking implementation, integration, and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of IDS, VPN, Firewall, etc. configuration and management.
- Working knowledge of OSHA/NFPA/NEC Standards and safety protocols.
- The candidate should have excellent programming and design skills in PLC, HMI, and SCADA control systems; and an intermediate knowledge in the ANSI/ISA standards.
- Ability to accomplish systems analysis tasks; and have advanced knowledge of control systems design.
- Background in reading electrical control schematics, developing sequence of operations and converting into automation code. The candidate should be capable of making advanced enhancements, troubleshooting and testing for existing applications.
- Computer Skills: Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, Visio, AutoCad. PLC and HMI Languages: Proficient in one or more languages including Modicon Unity, Allen-Bradley Studio 5000, or Inductive Automation Ignition.
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance