SAIC is seeking a Full Stack Software Developer to join our team in support of work taking place in San Antonio, TX with the U.S. Air Force. Only candidates local to Huntsville, AL, and San Antonio, TX, will have remote/work from home options.
This individual will be a part of a Model-Based Learning Engineering™ (MBLE™) team responsible for the development, direction, planning, and evaluation of training programs and activities in support of Air Force pilot training As a MBLE™ team member, a full stack software developer will:
- Generate bold new ideas and constantly improving to exceed our own high standards.
- Collaborate with multi-domain team members while working independently when needed.
- Positively contribute to a work environment that values high energy, accountability, reliability, innovation, and vision. Duties/Responsibilities
The primary responsibility for this full stack software developer is to support backend development of end user-facing software applications within an adaptive learning ecosystem. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining, designing, developing, and integrating multi-tiered Microsoft .NET 5.0/Core-based web applications.
- Designing software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses, and managing their implementation.
- Reviewing existing programs and assisting in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- Owning responsibility for program design, coding, testing, analysis, debugging, and documentation.
- Owning responsibility for quality assurance review and evaluation of existing and new software products.
- Collecting feedback from the project team to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Developing system components including services and user screens.
- Assisting with system testing.
- Supporting application and system deployment
The right candidate will possess the following qualifications and/or skills:
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and five or more (5+) years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience in Full Stack development, including designing, developing, implementing, and testing .NET-based business applications.
- Current portfolio featuring relevant software development capabilities (e.g. GitHub, Bitbucket, websites)
- Ability to perform tasking using:
- Microsoft .NET 5.0/Core
- Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Demonstrated understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated success at managing multiple tasks and/or projects and meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Experience integrating applications via APIs.
- A systems-level mindset (i.e., maintain awareness of how your role supports the big picture of MBLE™-powered product(s) and has impact across functional areas).
- A burning curiosity and desire to increase and refine your varied skillsets.
- Humility and a sense of humor, because we like to have fun too!
The right candidate will demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Drive and high self-motivation, with proven proactive performance with resourcefulness and adaptability skills.
- Must be a leader, comfortable working with people, and interested in the professional development of colleagues.
- Effective interpersonal and collaborative skills, including verbal and written communication skills. Able to translate/share technical subject matter expertise in conversational language and measurable outcomes.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify common practices and appropriate software solutions.
- Motivated to meet the commitment for projects within deadlines and project plans.
- Strong analysis skills that contribute to creative, effective products/solutions.
- Ability to effectively at collaborate with multiple internal teams and clients.
- Excellent prioritization skills and the ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Ability to motivate and influence both internally and externally; demonstrate excitement and passion.
- Embracing of ambiguity and ability to create a path forward with the support of the leadership team.
- Experience developing software in an Agile workflow
- Experience with front-end design and/or development (e.g. Bootstrap, CSS)
- Experience developing back-end Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Experience with or interest in data visualization (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience with Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI)
Clearance Requirement: Must have the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret clearance during their employment