SAIC is seeking a highly motivated mid-level Systems Engineer with a strong background in virtualization. The engineer will be responsible for virtualized infrastructure on government networks at multiple classification levels and have a functional understanding of cybersecurity principles and fundamentals. The engineer will deploy virtual servers and machines with baked-in cybersecurity, leverage multiple operating systems such as Windows and Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu) to build and implement innovative solutions, and capture and deploy virtual applications.
The Systems Engineer will be able to work equally well in a team as on their own. We are seeking a team player that is eager to learn and ready for a challenge.
- Applicant must have a Secret clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience, or Master’s Degree and 3+ years of experience.
- Virtualization technology to include VMware vSphere and Horizon
- Experience with virtualizing applications in Horizon
- Windows Operating System knowledge - Windows, Windows Server
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems - CentOS and Ubuntu
- Knowledge of server hardware and storage technology
- Ability to research and learn new technologies
- Experience with VMware Blast and Zero Clients
- Experience logging with SolarWinds
- Experience with BeyondTrust to include Active Directory Bridge and PowerBroker
- Experience with Yubico Yubikeys
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience with the RMF process