SAIC is seeking an experienced professional to be part of a Program Operations Team leading the Problem Management Service. The Manager of Problem Management drives technical support teams to analyze services after periods of service disruption or outages to key technology platforms/applications. The Manager of Problem Management works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial. This position will collaborate with leaders across the IT enterprise and also with vendor partners on status, outcomes and needs of production incidents. This role will aide in identification, prioritization and root cause analysis of production support incidents impacting supported Agencies. This position requires an in-depth understanding of the ITIL, incident resolution, using data and analytics to drive down ticket volumes and improve resolution times.
This can be a 100% Remote opportunity.
- Analyzes and communicates incident status and risks to senior level leaders in direct and partnering organizations and recommends/influences necessary course of action.
- Resolves a variety of complex issues through evaluative judgement and analytical thought and experiences.
- Exhibits advanced and comprehensive knowledge of several areas across the organization, IT Infrastructure, and has advanced understanding of the industry and best practices.
- Manages Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process.
- Analyzes data from IT incidents to find trends, repeatable issues, and application/infrastructure potential concerns.
- Conducts after-action reviews of critical incidents to identify what measures can be put into place to make sure similiar of incidents are avoided.
- Leads meetings with IT Subject Matter Experts on root cause details of incidents.
- Documents all problems and resolutions of critical incidents.
- Works with Supplier and Vendor Problem Management Teams on any in scope outages and ensures that a root cause is identified and documented.
- Schedules and leads the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Review meetings.
- Conducts statistical analysis on data and information to ensure correct predictive forecasting or classification.
- Major contributor and works hand in hand with incident Management team to document, track, and maintain information about incidents, problems, and known errors/workarounds.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Physical Science, or other technology-related discipline and 5+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 3+ years of experience, 4 years of additional IT related work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Good oral and written skills
- ServiceNow Experience
- Overall high-level knowledge of IT as a whole to include network, servers, endpoint, cyber, and cloud technologies
- Metrics and Data analysis
- 5 or more years of experience working in technology, operations and/or production support
- 1+ years of incident management related work experience
- Experience in problem analysis and process documentation
- Experience working in cross-functional, collaborative teams
- Must be able to effectively use complex analytical, interpretive and problem solving techniques
- Must be able to communicate with senior level leaders on complex, technical problems with the ability to guide and influence decisions with diplomacy
- Must be able to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects
- Must be able to quickly adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience leading or having direct influence over production support functions
- ITIL Intermediate-level certification
- Thorough knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objective
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies
- Intermediate knowledge of Process and IT service management concepts
- Experience in technical problem solving and crisis management concepts
- Ability to promote a team environment