SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Cloud Engineer to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC. In this role you will help architect, design and build (must be hands on!) new capabilities for SAIC in GCP Environments. This is remote work that may be performed from any location within the United States. Business travel will be required as needed.
- Responsible for design, development, and implementation of Cloud solutions.
- Serve as an experienced GCP resource with deep passion for the FULL suite of GCP services.
- Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure sound Cloud solutions are enterprise ready.
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our GCP foundational footprint capabilities.
- Work closely with our architects and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our business needs, security, and service level requirements
- Work with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in production environment in GCP
- Work with our current application teams to understand our current applications and make migration recommendations and to-be architectures in GCP
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Work independently or as part of a small team to design, build, automate and document the a multi-tiered managed services platform
- Work independently or as part of a small team to build out automation GCP Deployment Manager or other like orchestration template technology in support of the managed services platform
- Write the required template documents, procedures or guides associate with the respective managed services
- Assist with the installation and configuration of a cloud management platform per the requirements of the respective services
- Write and implement the respective RBAC policies as required per the respective services
- Assist with the product evaluation, selection and implementation for respective managed services that require 3rd party products to support
- Design and develop the managed services release management capability for the platform
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
- U.S Citizenship Required
- Bachelor's degree with 18 years' or more experience
- Minimum of 8 years of technical professional experience
- Minimum of 2 years of professional GCP experience
- Minimum 1 GCP certification
- Must be a self-starter and be effective independently and as part of a team
- Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (e.g. Python, Shell, Java, and JSON).
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing in GCP architecture
- Advanced knowledge of Most of the GCP Platform Services including:
- Proficiency and experience with GCP developer tools and workflows (CLI, Deployment Manager, Cloud SDK, etc …)
- Must be a team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic working environment
- Taking ownership and acting with high sense of urgency, this job requires the individual to work like an entrepreneur
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.