SAIC has an opening for an experienced Information Technology (IT) based Systems Administrator/Engineer to oversee the delivery, integration, operation, and maintenance of standardized IT solutions in the Aurora, Colorado area.
The successful applicant will leverage their IT background to assess customer requirements for Desktops, Hosting, Networking, and other standardized IT services. The candidate must exhibit flexibility in task execution as they oversee the delivery of various IT services, evaluate the completeness and quality of the service, and offer technical recommendations to resolve customer needs. The successful candidate will produce recommendations and deliverables in a thorough, practicable, and consistent manner congruent with the organization's objectives, and facilitate customer focused IT infrastructure provisioning.
Position requires a current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Annual Compensation ~125,000.00
- Effectively perform in a team environment - with strong verbal and writing skills; efficient in interaction with senior government and contractor leads as well as working level components
- Operates proactively with the ability to independently lead and execute engagements without direct leadership oversight and/or participation.
- Serves as a direct customer interface and advocate for the ordering and delivery of cross-functional IT services (Desktops, Networks, etc.).
Provides technical and relationship management between customers and the IT service providers to ensure mission success while maximizing standardized service adoption.
- Functions as a dedicated change agent, focused on assessing the quality and completeness of service provider delivered IT services.
- Maintains an understanding of the relationship between the customer’s schedule (i.e., need date) and IT service provider projected roadmaps (i.e., expected delivery dates).
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Educates consumers on current and upcoming IT service deliveries, changes, and potential impacts to existing capabilities.
- Performs as key Technical Advisor for articulating service requirement gaps, and may document (email, PowerPoint, etc.) approaches to resolve those gaps.
- Helps customers navigate through IT service ordering catalog, and may help customers determine how to properly submit their requirements within the catalog.
- Assist customers in escalating their service requirements, as situations dictate.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
Experience may be considered in lieu of education
- Domain knowledge in areas:
- Previous hands-on experiences within at least one IT domain (desktops, hosting, networks, etc.)
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- Project Oversight Management
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.