SAIC is seeking a TACNET Fleet Network Engineer in San Diego, CA
Note: The position requires travel, up to 25% of the time to both CONUS and international locations in addition to occasional off-hours support. Also, this role allows for some remote work from home opportunities.
- Interface with Active Duty Military personnel and US Government employees to provide break/fix support to NAVWAR PMW160 fielded Tactical Networks in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Provide system life cycle engineering support for customers at NAVWAR and NIWC-PAC (San Diego, CA)
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations in support of customer requirements
- Provide occasional off-hours support.
- Perform system installations, configuration management enforcement, system sustainment and upgrades, distance support, and emergent Casualty Report (CASREP) support as needed in support of Naval Warfighters.
- Analyze issues in an enterprise LAN shipboard environment to determine the best course of action towards resolution.
- Provide root cause analysis and recommend permanent configuration changes.
- Work in cooperation with external stakeholders, including consultants, agencies and vendors, to troubleshoot intra-system issues, and to assist with system integration design solutions.
- Provide network component break-fix to include, but not limited to, servers, storage arrays, routers, switches, desktops, firewalls, server/switch chassis, etc.
- Interface with US Navy Customers regarding the proper approach to maintaining Navy Afloat networks and associated components and capabilities.
- Attend and participate in technical meetings, report on technical progress, prepare briefs, and provide presentations.
- Participate in integrated product teams and engineering/design reviews.
Required Education, Clearance and Experience
- HS/GED and 4 years of experience OR Bachelor's degree 0 years or more years of experience
- Active Top Secret-SCI clearance
- Current Security+ , CASP, or CISSP certification
- Ability to obtain CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, Linux+, VCP, or other OS certification within 6 months of hire date.
- Able to travel up to 25% CONUS/OCONUS
- Engineering experience with Cisco switches and routers OR server administration experience of Windows/Linux.
- Experience with ADNS, CANES, CENTRIXS, ISNS, SCI Networks, VIXS OR WRBS a plus!