SAIC currently has a job opening for a Lead Buyer, Supply Chain & Materials Purchasing role is directly supporting day-to-day operations of the Federal Civilian and National Security Group. Works to achieve day-to-day objectives with major impacts on Material Purchasing Team success. Makes significant improvements across multiple areas and programs contributing to successful execution of materials purchasing to ensure products are delivered on time and represent the best value for SAIC and its customers. Assists with supplier communications, procurement reviews, negotiations of terms and conditions, and program procurement coordination activities. Will possess knowledge of FAR and DFAR and other federal procurement regulations. Responsible for day-to-day support of team members, and work assignments for the Materials Purchasing function. Assists with employee training and growth.
Required Education and Experience:
· BA/BS and eight (8) years or more of equivalent experience; Or Masters and six (6) years or more experience; Or PhD and 0 years related experience.
· Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations. Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of FAR and DFAR requirements.
· Ability to prepare, lead, and conduct status briefings; prepare and staff weekly updates.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Ability to work effectively with others within the team and collaborate cross-functionally.
· Exhibit critical thinking and analytical skills.
· Understanding of cost/price analysis concepts and be able to implement on complex supplier proposals and agreements.
· Previous use of CostPoint in a Procurement setting.
· Deep domain of Federal Acquisition Regulation for commercial items.
· Previous experience leading a team in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
· Previous experience with Federal, municipal and commercial contracts.
· Previous experience in negotiating terms and conditions.