SAIC currently has a job opening for a Senior Buyer to support our Supply Chain & Materials purchasing team directly supporting day to day operations of the Federal Civilian and National Security Group. Candidate will procure goods and administer purchase orders of moderate to high dollar value, risk, and complexity.
- Development and negotiation of favorable prices, terms, schedules and other provisions of purchase orders and acquisition contracts, ensuring consistency with program needs.
- Administer and maintain Purchase Order files in accordance with all SAIC policies and procedures.
- Develop purchasing strategy to meet proposal or program needs.
- Collaborate with supplier quality to add and qualify new suppliers.
- Analyze proposals for all areas of compliance (cost/schedule/T&C/technical/etc.) and will be involved in supplier negotiations leading to subcontract and purchase order definitization.
- Analyze production/procurement data to develop procurement strategy for the programs you are supporting.
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Recommends suppliers based on experience and capabilities to provide quality products on time.
- Lead cost savings initiatives to meet program goals.
- Assume other responsibilities as requested in support of departmental goals and objectives.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and ten (10) years or more related experience; Or Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Or Masters and four (4) years or more experience; Or PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Understanding of the FAR and DFAR.
- Solid communications skills, both written and oral. Ability to communicate across several levels of staff and customers/vendors.
- Ability to prepare, lead, and conduct status briefings; prepare and staff weekly updates.
- Strong team player.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working under government procurement and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Exhibit critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Understanding of cost/price analysis concepts and be able to implement on complex supplier proposals and agreements.
- Experience purchasing of all types of material items and related Services.
- Previous team leadership experience.