Description Job Description: SAIC has an opportunity for a Windows Server System Administrator to support the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program.
NOTE: This is a 100% virtual / work from home / remote position located anywhere in the CONUS.
- Troubleshoot and remediate SCCM client issues
- Working knowledge of Citrix
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Testing of upgrades and patches to maintain Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019.
- Management tasking includes but is not limited to troubleshooting, metrics collection, maintenance support, and the timely entry of communication and tasking into the ticket management tool ITSM (Remedy).
- Maintain the patch repository
- Work on duties that include designing new windows server and desktop solutions, installing software, troubleshooting, and training techs and users, as needed.
- Program in an administrative language, including PowerShell and VMWare CLI, as needed.
- Write and Deploy Microsoft PowerShell scripts to support the collection of data from workstations and servers, assist with the deployment of software packages, and perform remediation actions on windows workstation or server assets
- Resolve difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms.
- Help automate configuration of systems to specifications.
- Review/advise on acquisition of hardware, software, needed to support the mission.
- Perform a variety of routine and non-routine tasks associated with Cyber/Information Security (INFOSEC) and Information Assurance (IA) support in accordance with National and Department of Defense (DoD) standards to include the Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) / Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Conduct systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies, security needs, and user functional requirements.
- Interact with the engineering management team and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines.
Qualifications Required experience and education:
Bachelor's Degree and two (2) years or more experience or 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
Two (2) years of Windows Systems Administration experience.
Help desk experience.
GPO and AD experience.
Experience with VMWare.
Knowledge and understanding of patching SQL Server clusters
Knowledge of Active Directory in an enterprise environment
Ability to troubleshoot and identify AD Group Policy Object (GPO) related issues
Understanding and remediation of Windows Server OS STIGS
Ability to work with multiple teams across an enterprise environment
Ability to create custom Windows Server 2019 images using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Interim DoD Secret Clearance is required for this position, with ability to obtain a full DoD Secret. SAIC will process an interm clearance for a qualified candidate.
Certifications (DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II): Security+ CE
Target salary range: $50,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.