We have a career opening for a System Administrator in Cary, North Carolina.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home / remote / virtual work due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site 100% in Cary, NC around July 1st, 2021.
The job of the System Administrator is installing, operating, and maintaining physical/virtual operating system servers in support of business processing requirements. Installs, upgrades, and patches operating systems and complex software packages. Manages storage for virtual infrastructure and the resource allocation for virtual machines. Schedules installations and upgrades in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Conduct routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
The successful candidate must be able to do the following:
- Plan, create, and configure virtual infrastructure following Army and Cybersecurity policy and guidelines
- Troubleshoot problems with virtual infrastructure, resource allocation, and network communication
- Propose and optimize virtualization planning for the Enterprise
- Create, execute and report on testing and implementation plans
- Create, execute and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for Enterprise Services
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of resolving complex issues
- Strong troubleshoot and debugging skills
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Must be a self-starter; capable of working independently, under limited direction, and in team environments
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years of related experience; OR Associates and 3+ years of related experience; OR High School and 5+ years of related experience
- Experience configuring and maintaining Windows Operating System platforms
- Level II DoD 8570 certifications: Security+
- Must be able to obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 2 months from hire date
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the full Secret Security clearance; SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.