SAIC is seeking an aggressive and highly adaptable individual to join its Procurement Team as a Procurement Associate.
Individual must be able to work in a high paced, team environment and must be organized and detail oriented. This position is located in Oak Ridge, TN.
Primary Job Duties:
- Coordinate with internal customers to contract subject matter experts
- Process invoices for program approval and ensure contracts have necessary funding
- Complete ownership of procurement lifecycle including issuing RFQs, price analysis, negotiating favorable terms and conditions, issuing purchasing orders, and following up with internal customers to ensure the goods receipts are completed.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure materials and services are delivered on time.
- May sign supplier agreements and purchase orders within established authority.
- Frequent use and application of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Frequently communicate with internal company and external contacts.
- Represents organization on specific projects.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and zero (0) years related experience; Equivalent years of experience accepted in lieu of a degree. Preferred degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Price Analysis Techniques
- Costpoint Purchasing System
- Word Processing
- Electronic Spreadsheets
- Microsoft Office Experience
- Solid negotiation, oral, and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate must possess a positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visibility critical tasks simultaneously.