SAIC is seeking a Sr. Windows Systems Administrator (SA). The Senior SA will be part of a 6-7 member staff of systems administrators. The SA will be responsible for supporting all facets of a customer network to include networking (switches, cabling, network planning), a large inventory of VMware ESXi blade servers, EMC and HP storage (~1PB), Windows and Linux servers and workstations, and AWS Cloud technologies.
The SA will be responsible for specific technical components of the infrastructure, including the Windows Active Directory network, provisioning servers, managing a WSUS solution, MS Exchange, backups, security scanning, reporting and remediation.
The primary functions of the candidate will include, but are not limited to:
• Working with virtualized environments (VMware vCenter 5.5, 6.0/6.7, to include ESXi and distributed switches).
• Knowledge of provisioning hardware, storage, resources and configuration/administration, including high-availability and failover services.
• Provide limited support for IT asset management and property control processes in managing inventories of workstations, monitors, and other related IT infrastructure through the customers control systems.
• Configuration and O&M of Red Hat 6/7 and Linux-based applications.
• O&M of Windows applications such as WSUS, Exchange, SharePoint, SCCM, Google Earth, and audit solutions.
• Working with RAIDs, SANs, High Availability, Backups and Disaster Recovery.
• Configuring network switches, working with VLANs, and knowledge of routing protocols.
• Working with the security hardening of operating systems in a standalone environment as well as through GPOs.
• Research and obtain quotes for hardware/software based on customer requirements.
• Provide superior customer service; possess strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in a dynamic customer centric environment.-
• Create Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Configuration Management (CM) documentation as needed.
• Must possess current TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Must be DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant (have current CompTIA, Security+ certification)
• In-depth understanding of both Windows and Cloud technologies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent, and 9+ years of experience