SAIC is seeking a Senior Management and Policy Analyst to support the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (OUSD) for Research and Engineering (R&E) in the development of a holistic approach for protecting critical and emerging technologies across the DoD research enterprise. This approach will build upon current S&T Protection and Defense Industrial Base Cyber Security strategy, policy, and guidance such as DoDI 5000.83 and DoDI 5200.39 to analyze gaps and develop recommendations to safeguard Controlled Technical Information (CTI) and critical technology within DoD, commercial industry, and academia.
Job duties include:
- Help the DoD shape national security policy designed to maintain U.S. technical and competitive advantage over our adversaries and defend against unwanted foreign influence and unauthorized technology transfer within the DoD R&E enterprise.
- Review and provide comments on key acquisition and S&T protection-related documents during formal staffing to ensure synchronization with current policy and processes.
- Coordinate with OUSD(A&S) and OUSD(I&S) including key stakeholders in the intelligence and counterintelligence communities, OSD staff offices, and Federal Agencies playing key roles in technology protection execution, planning, and response.
- Provide research, analyses, evaluations, studies, assessments, and other activities to support OUSD(R&E) decision making.
- Manage execution of intra-government/inter-agency coordination (e.g., process agreements, reporting, resource requirements, analysis support).
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Minimum of 15 years overall experience, including:
- Ten years of experience providing technical support and operations management to DoD acquisition and S&T programs
- Three years of experience as a liaison between Program Office and Oversight organizations
- Demonstrated work experience in technology protection oversight role
- Knowledge of technology readiness levels, program lifecycle, and risk management
- Understanding of key programs, practices, and participants involved in DoD S&T protection
- Analytic ability – must demonstrate ability to conduct analysis linking intelligence, acquisition, and engineering/technical information. Analytic ability may be demonstrated with any combination of work products and education.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate information to senior government officials in support of policy and management decisions
- Demonstrated ability to support oversight of Military Departments and DoD Agencies
- Graduate degree in a technical field
- Acquisition education certification(s)
- Security education certification(s)