SAIC is seeking a Software Engineer in our King George/Dahlgren VA office in support of Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren on programs to include Nulka and the Soft Kill Coordination System (SKCS). This role does allow for some telework options.
- Provide software development in an Agile environment
- Provide software coding in a Unix/Linux environment and unit testing of software configuration end items
- Software design and design maintenance, including design for new requirements and requirements changes and maintaining design traceability and design documentation
- Design and maintain code using MagicDraw
- Maintain Software Development Plan (SDP)
- In coordination with the Government led development team complete periodic, incremental software builds including updates to requirements, design, code, test and formal reviews
- Participate in daily Scrums, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, Retrospectives, and ad-hoc meetings as required, address action items as assigned; provide status and recommendations on issues under scope of work
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree or higher from an accredited university in engineering, computer/software engineering, computer science or other technical competency and 2 years or more experience. Operational military experience in the systems mentioned below may be substituted for a degree.
- Two years of experience of software design, development and engineering.
- Experience with Navy or other Armed Services programs and/or systems.
- Experience developing in C++ in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience in support of Agile development programs
- Must be able to obtain an interim Secret clearance prior to start date and Secret clearance once on board
- Experience/familiarity with Nulka or SKCS
- Naval Combat/Weapon Systems Experience
- Experience coding a in support of Combat/Weapon Systems
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)