SAIC is seeking a Communications Analyst/Technical Writer to serve within the Command, Control, Communications, and Computers Enterprise Support (C4ES) team. Communications Analysts in the C4ES team contribute to the development of technical documentation, Government publications, instructional manuals, and training material. The candidate will participate in the development, validation, peer review, editing, and delivery to the customer with precise government and Military standards followed. Additionally, the candidate will work alongside Military personnel, engineers, technicians, logisticians, and the government customer through written and pictorial instructions. In addition to technical documentation, the candidate will be tasked to create multimedia such as SharePoint site pages, SharePoint applications/web parts, interactive Visio diagrams, interactive electronic publications, dynamic Microsoft Excel pivot charts, and interactive distance learning courseware. The candidate's work will comply with DoD standards and is reviewed by the customer and company management.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years or more of related experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- Active Secret clearance is required. Must be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI.
- Candidate must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills with proven capability in performance as a Technical Writer or Instructional Systems Designer.
- Candidates must have excellent organizational skills and be able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team by regularly interfacing with a wide range of Civilian and Military personnel.
- Candidate must demonstrate an advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and specifically in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Candidate must demonstrate an advanced level of proficiency in Adobe Acrobat DC-Professional.
- All positions on this contract are considered deployable. Candidate must hold a valid U.S. passport and be willing to travel overseas in support of United States Central Command (USCENTCOM) mission requirements should that be necessary.
- Candidates with xml authoring experience (Adobe FrameMaker preferred) will be given prime consideration.
- Candidates who demonstrate intermediate or advanced level proficiency in Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, or MS SharePoint will be given prime consideration.
- Candidates with DoD or Military writing experience is highly desired.
- Knowledge of current military writing standards and DoD curriculum development standards is highly desired.