The Workplace Solutions Service Delivery Manager (SDM) reports directly to the Program Executive and will direct the City of Anaheim’s End User Services, Service Desk and cross-functional (ITSM) support requirements by providing a dedicated team of local desktop technicians, cross-functional SMEs and remote Service Desk agents (Cookeville, TN). The Workplace Solutions SDM oversees and directs the day-to-day operations of the end-user services, Service Desk and cross-functional teams. The Workplace Solutions SDM will provide guidance and leadership to the operations teams and technicians, and directly support end users and customers by handling escalations, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues.
- Direct End User Services Desktop Technicians: Direct the activities of Onsite technicians, both to directly support customers and to assist with IT department upgrades and directives. Manage and oversee business hours, after hours and weekend technical activities as needed. Provide mentorship and guidance to onsite technical technicians.
- Oversee Central IT Service Desk: Accountable to work with Service Desk Manager to ensure delivery of Service Desk services, both to directly support customers and to assist with IT department upgrades and directives.
- Manage cross-functional team: Direct the activities of the ITSM team for incident/problem management (through resolution and root cause analysis); change management, request management and configuration/asset management. Ensure compliance and continual focus toward ITIL process and governance.
- Coordinate Policies and Procedures Development: Work with SDMs to develop operations and maintenance policies and procedures to ensure that the team operates effectively and reliably.
- Service Level Management: Assist Program Executive in developing service level agreements (SLAs), reports and presentations. Oversee and assist in development of guides for users and technicians, such as Knowledgebase Articles (KBAs), Work Instructions and Design documents.
- End User Training: Oversee end-user IT training program.
- Resolve Service Escalations and Major Incident Management: Provide direct customer support by handling service desk and platform team escalations. If IT technicians are unable to successfully resolve a user’s issue, the Infrastructure SDM will assess the situation and devise a solution to the problem, which could include equipment replacement or repair. Provide effective management of Major Incident investigation, escalation and resolution, providing oversight and guidance of troubleshooting activities, customer communications and efficient service restoration.
- Bachelors of Science (B.S.) or Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more of related experience.
- 7+ years of experience in leading a team of 20 or more, effectively manage IT personnel and operations & maintenance priorities.
- Experience in process enhancement, developing and implementing policies and procedures for the Operations team based on ITIL and PMP principals
- Must have experience managing operation team performance using Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Must possess strong written and verbal communicators, able to communicate with team members, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization.
- Experience working in commercial and local governments business settings.
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation Certification.
- Direct "hands on" technical experience with one or more technical service areas, i.e., Desk side Support, Service Desk services, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze, identify and direct resolution of technical, administrative and process issues.
- Experience in supporting productivity enhancements and decreasing costs of service delivery through technology refresh, benchmarking and optimization of services, least-cost analysis or total cost of ownership analysis, and continuous process improvement.