SAIC is looking for a Database Developer who is committed to applying their education and vast experience to provide for natural resource conservation practices in support of an effort by Federal and State agencies, universities, and professional societies to deliver science-based information to landowners. Our mission is to build the technology to help people understand, preserve, and increase the productivity of our natural resources, ensuring that all of us are able to enjoy the benefits of productive soil, clean air and water, and abundant wildlife that come from a healthy environment. This team provides conservation services and data information to the National Resource Conservation Service (NRCS), a subsidiary of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
The Database Developer will use their technical skills to:
- Create/maintain database tables, stored procedures, functions, and scripts using SQL
- Work with the development team to move data through the pipeline using ETL and other integration processes
- Create and maintain data warehouse/data mart ETL solutions to load OLAP databases using ETL tools and/or SQL
- ETL performance tuning utilizing best practices.
- Provide guidance to the development teams on data related items in the applications and the rendering of data delivered through services
- Maintain application data feeds
- Provide direction on data solutions, data integration points, and security
- Configuration, maintenance, and support of production databases in an enterprise operations environment
- Enterprise Database administration including data backups and testing while working within a Microsoft SQL Server-based enterprise environment
- Ensure Database Performance: Implement Best Practices and Compression/Scheduled Automated tasks for indexing
- Configure and maintain multi-site data failover capabilities
- Capture, track and fix all existing database discrepancies identified by quality control checks, acceptance testing, and end users
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Engineering or relevant discipline (4 years of experience in lieu of degree) and 6+ years of experience working with Databases in an enterprise environment or a Master’s and 4+ years of experience
- Proficient knowledge of and ability to utilize Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or higher
- PostgreSQL Experience
- Recent experience supporting live production databases
- Strong functional knowledge of data integration services and how data is passed through them
- Experience supporting spatial databases (Microsoft/ESRI/PostgreSQL)
- Experience working with SAFe / Agile software development teams
Target salary range: $95,001 - $105,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.