SAIC is rapidly growing a System Integration team to deliver a new, complex space and ground system in support of National Security. This exciting and innovative program is leveraging best practices in system engineering, via Digital Engineering processes and technology, and in Agile software development, via DevSecOps development.
This new, long term contract will require energetic engineers to define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept into an operational enterprise.
The program seeks a subject matter expert (SME) in ground systems engineering and development in an Agile-based development environment. Job responsiblities inclue the following:
- Develop the architecture and associated constructs
- Work with our software vendors to create, validate and deploy an operational system
- Oversee technical aspects associated with all ground segment functions including external interfaces, space to ground interfaces, mission data processing, system testing support, problem resolution, sustainment, acquisition strategy development and execution.
- Work with development contractors, external mission partners and their contractor to guide development
Qualifications CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current TS clearance with willingness & ability to upgrade
- Bachelor's degree in engineering science discipline related technical field or 4 years additional years' experience in lieu of degree
- 9+ years professional experience, 7+ years professional experience with a Master's degree
- Experience in systems integration and systems engineering
- A comprehensive knowledge of Ground Systems for space based missions
- A systems engineering level understanding of Agile software development environments
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering
- CAMEO modeling experience
- Experience with Open Mission Systems – Universal Command and Control Interface (OMS-UCI) architecture
- Experience with SYSML