SAIC anticipates a requirement to fill a Product Owner position in support of the Naval Information Warfare Command (NIWC) Pacific, Maritime Global Command and Control System (GCCS) Family of Systems (MGF) Project, and other C2 and/or C4I projects. This work will be performed on-site in San Diego, CA. This opportunity is contingent upon award in the Winter of 2021.
The Command and Control (C2) Systems Division (Code 532) within NIWC Pacific provides systems engineering, software maintenance, integration, test, and life-cycle support for a wide range of Navy, Joint, and National C4I systems. These systems serve to consolidate Command, Control, Intelligence, Imagery, Planning, Coordination and Logistic capabilities to provide an integrated C4I capability to the warfighter.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Performs technical planning, high level and detailed requirements definition, test planning and execution (to include use cases, test procedures and test data), software systems integration, and technical support for software systems and subsystems. Total software system product may include concept design, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
The Product Owner responsibilities may include the following:
- Lead the full development lifecycle (requirements, design, development, testing, deployment) of complex applications employing DevSecOps.
- Lead and define infrastructure automation and provisioning activities.
- Lead and define installation and management of OpenShift platforms.
- Lead and define management of tenant provisioning, isolation, and capacity.
- Lead and define activities to build and maintain base images.
- Lead and define activities for design and maintenance of the deployment pipeline.
- Oversee and coordinate application coding and test development
- Lead and define activities for monitoring and managing application operation behavior
- Lead and define acceptance testing
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Deep knowledge of projects, quotas, limits, roles, role bindings, and scheduling
- Datacenter design and implementation
- Linux system administration
- Deep knowledge of images, imagestreams, templates
- Knowledge of storage
- Knowledge of network design and implementation
- Knowledge of immutable infrastructure
- Source code management
- Scripting and automation (Ansible)
- Knowledge of containers and container architecture
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and OpenShift architecture
- Deep knowledge of OpenShift templates, BuildConfigs, DeploymentConfigs, services, routes, ConfigMaps
- Knowledge of cloud native application architectures
- Platform security
- Security - access control of pipeline steps, proper approval workflows etc.
- Application and middleware runtime configuration
- Application build frameworks
- Application design, implementation, and design patterns
- Application performance design, implementation, and monitoring
- Testing frameworks
- Automated testing and test patterns
- Code quality testing
- Performance and load testing
- Human/ interface design/validation
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Experience supporting DoD acquisition programs
- Experience using Atlassian Tools like JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket for software management