SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator on the Horizon Program, a program that directly assists the US Space Force in El Segundo. The ideal candidate will have experience providing design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting functions for physical and virtual information systems and web-based applications.
Overall responsibilities include interfacing with Active Duty, US Government, and contractor personnel to provide top-notch support with a focus on system/network security in support of National Security. Provide break/fix and design supporting Information Technology in a fast paced, high-energy environment. Provide root cause analysis and be comfortable recommending permanent configuration changes when necessary. Support will encompass a range of capabilities from server and workstation configuration and support, LAN setup and maintenance and Audio Visual systems with a focus on security implementation (focus on all systems not just AV). With information technology constantly changing, specialists must stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and the potential effectiveness of these advancements in their current systems.
- Implement and manage Microsoft operating systems, services, applications, and roles (Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, Exchange, file and print services, Office, etc.) in a VMWare ESXi virtual environment (VMWare 6.x) using DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide checklists.
- Configure and troubleshoot Windows Services, such as DNS (Domain Name Services), DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), DFS (Distributed File Server), KMS (Key Management Services), and Internet Information Service (IIS).
- Implement DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) requirements and maintain systems in accordance with requirements of the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Deploy system updates and patches, to both internet-connected and isolated networks, utilizing Microsoft Windows Software Update Services (WSUS) or manual patching.
- Conduct Vulnerability scanning and remediation.
- Conduct daily system maintenance activities including log reviews and connectivity checks to maintain project infrastructures and systems in a ready-to-use state.
- Use PowerShell to conduct administration and scripting tasks.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline and minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience
- Must be certified DOD 8570.1-M IAT Level 2 (current baseline security and operating environment certifications).
- Familiar with the RMF process
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI. US Citizenship required.
- Ability to work off-hours and travel less than 10% as needed for support
- Knowledge of Cisco and Juniper routers and switches
- Experience with Linux in a secured environment
- Familiarity with MBSE (Model Based Systems Engineering) for Agile development of systems, software, and models.
- Experience with Windows-based Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) in a DoD environment.
- Experience deploying and configuring Microsoft SQL in a secure environment utilizing DISA STIG checklists; installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of web applications and applications that leverage SQL database services.
- Experience implementing and/or managing a Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) environment
- Experience with VTC systems