SAIC is seeking a Web/UI Designer to support our customer in Arnold, MO. This role will join a multi-faceted team of Systems Admins, Governance, Product Owners, UX Researchers, and Web Developers to enhance customer websites, intranet, and applications. Candidate must be comfortable working in a team and utilizing user research to guide designs. Strong understanding of UX best practices.
Duties may include:
- Create designs for complex client web and mobile applications utilizing current industry programming techniques.
- Partner with internal and external teams and application users to conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences while maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
- Participate in design activities to identify new product ideas and to optimize existing products.
- Research and implement modern web technologies to create innovative user interfaces and improve workflow efficiency.
- Develop and share recommendations on industry best practices on information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of graphics, mobile optimization, responsiveness and other web best practices.
- Develop estimates on scope and duration of work required for individuals or team(s) to deliver client requirements.
- Design new user-facing products by transforming an idea from scientific presentations to websites to online productivity tools.
- Utilize the DevOps systems and tools (Git, Jenkins, etc.) to ensure compliant code and ensure best practices.
- Build efficient, reusable libraries of design information for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Identify and troubleshoot customer issues on NGA’s content management system (permissions, api, web parts)
- Collaborate with UI/UX team members during design and content reviews to refine user experiences.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure best practices.
- Apply results of web usability testing (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitive walkthroughs) to development of applications and web sites.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience implementing front-end, user experience design and development.
- Demonstrated experience applying best practices for web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a web and/or CMS applications.
- Bachelors degree and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and zero (0) years or more experience.
- TS/SCI clearance with CI poly
- Minimum 7 years’ experience implementing industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical resources, and web best practices.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience developing in cloud-based DevOps environment.
- Minimum 1 year experience with business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. JIRA, etc.).