SAIC is looking for a talented Video Producer to join our multimedia design studio, which provides contemporary and innovative multimedia production solutions to Intelligence Community customers. The videographer/editor will work with our team of creative professionals to develop high-end visual collateral to convey and help define customer messaging. The products you create here will be visible to the highest levels of IC leadership and will often have a direct impact on mission.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced creative environment. This person will feel comfortable wearing different hats across a wide-range of products. Scripted videos, short and long-form documentaries, animated promos, re-enactments, web series, podcasts, and interactive web based training modules are some of the flagship products across our portfolio.
We’re looking for a candidate who can not only help contribute as a videographer/editor on day one, but also someone who has extremely honed hands-on production skills. Having specialized production experience will be highly favored during the interview/consideration process. We’re especially looking for individuals with videography experience across multiple 4k platforms, familiarity with advanced lighting set-ups, audio recording knowledge, and an understanding of contemporary live streaming set-ups.
This position is primarily located in Chantilly, VA, with frequent on-location video shoots across the Washington Metropolitan area.
Job responsibilities include:
- Filming and editing concurrent projects.
- Serving as primary videographer on single camera shoots and second or third camera as dictated by the producer / director.
- Staging and restaging of studio cameras and lights.
- Working alongside producers to capture and edit events or scenes as scripted.
- Collaborating with production teammates (producers, animators, graphic designers, audio engineers, and developers) to incorporate multimedia elements into video products.
- Adhering to production schedules and edit deadlines.
- Coordinating logistics for field and studio productions.
- Scouting locations.
- Locating and licensing the appropriate music and b-roll for edits.
- Editing of multi-camera footage according to scripts and storyboards through Adobe Premiere.
- Filming interviews, events, and b-roll in single camera or multi-camera configurations.
- Lighting of scripted and unscripted scenes.
- Positioning of mics on talent and in overall scenes.
All candidates MUST already hold a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph for consideration
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced certificate in Production, Multimedia Design, or Design related fields is strongly desired
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple, concurrent projects, with varying production timelines
- A demonstrated track record of in-depth working knowledge of industry-standard multimedia production best practices and contemporary technologies
- An advanced hands-on knowledge of the creative process
- Hands-on experience with Canon, BlackMagic, and Red 4K cinema platforms
- Expert at basic 3-point lighting and at least some exposure to more complicated set-ups
- Knowledge of green screen lighting techniques
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite’s video tools and familiarity with Photoshop / Illustrator
- Familiarity with professional video production procedures, practices, techniques, and terminology
- Experience with EFP, digital post-production, various video formats and transcoding, encoding, and authoring for distribution across multiple platforms
- Advanced organization and attention to detail with regards to media management and file structure
- Familiar with audio recording and monitoring equipment
- Live event production experience, supporting large-scale conferences and trade shows
- Live streaming experience through modern platforms such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Experience / Expertise in still photography
- Experience with audio recording and editing software (Adobe Audition / Logic)
- Experience working in classified environments
- A deep rooted passion for storytelling through the moving image