We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Data Scientist to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
For this position, you will be responsible for the following.
• Develop an understanding of the customer’s data environment through data profiling and statistical analyses
• Execute complex SQL queries
• Design and development of complex large scale OLTP systems
• Obtain, scrub, explore, model and interpret data currently stored in various types of databases using SQL and other data mining tools
• Experience automating business processes using RPA technologies
• Ability to analyze, understand business problems and express it in UML or similar modeling language
• Perform statistical analysis and tune using test results
• Study appropriate datasets and transform data science prototypes
• Research and implement appropriate machine learning algorithms and tools and develop machine learning applications according to requirements
• Train systems when necessary
Required experience and skills:
• Bachelor's Degree and minimum 14 years of experience or equivalent.
• Candidate must be able to favorably pass government background investigation
• Experience with developing predictive models for using large data sets for high transactional volume environment
• Experience with evaluating and measuring performance of models
• Should have a firm understanding of common statistical modeling and techniques (e.g., linear regression, decision trees).
• Conceptual understanding of – and/or prior experiences related to – data profiling, fuzzy matching, entity resolution, and signal detection theory (specifically with respect to SD theory: designing and improving upon systems that monitor, minimize, and balance false positive and false negative outcomes).Perform the above tasks using SAS, SPSS, R, or Matlab.
• Possess the ability to perform with little direct supervision as a self-starter.
• Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Be a self-motivated, creative, and inquisitive problem solver with a strong work ethic.
• Be (or rapidly become) a thought-leader in the area of analytics/data science with respect to entity resolution as it pertains to the customer’s mission.
• Be able to generate written documentation of all work performed.
• Have a customer-focused demeanor.
• Have effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand and analyze data models – how the data is stored in relational databases
• Ability to understand system integration aspects of integrating model input and output in transactional systems to help real time decision making
• Good understanding software application architecture and develop integration approaches for predictive models
• Prior experience in working in a mission oriented environment a plus
• Experience with statistics, modeling and machine learning techniques a plus
• Advanced – Master’s degree Computer Science or Applied Mathematics or Computational Statistics preferred
• Strong organization and time management skills – prior experience in leading a small team is preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Ability to work effectively in a high energy and a very rapid dynamic environment