SAIC is seeking a Program Acquisition Lead on the Horizon Program to support to the US Space Force (USSF) in developing and deploying next-generation and advanced capability space systems under the Special Programs (SP) Directorate at the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) in El Segundo. The position support SMC’s portfolio of programs designed to gain, maintain and exploit space superiority that includes space launch, global positioning, military space vehicle communications, defense meteorological space vehicles, range systems, space vehicle control networks, space-based infrared systems, and space situational awareness capabilities.
The position will provide acquisition support to the Directorate and requires a candidate with excellent communication and team skills and in-depth experience with DoD program acquisition processes and documentation required for rapid prototyping (Middle-Tier Acquisitions - FY16 National Defense Authorization Act Section 804) acquisition planning and execution.
- Provide expert advice to the Program/Project Manager and Senior Air Force Leadership regarding acquisition strategies, contracting, budgeting and execution
- Develop/coordinate acquisition planning briefings and documents (e.g., ESIS, ASP, ASD, J&A, etc.)
- Develop/coordinate solicitation planning and execution documents (e.g., RFP, SOW, CDRLs, Incentive Plans, etc.), etc.)
- Develop/coordinate overarching program planning and execution documents as prescribed by/tailored from DoDI 5000.02, and relevant DoD, AF, and SMC policies that pertain to rapid prototyping
- Draft technical evaluations
- Provide technical and programmatic assessments of contractor design / milestone reviews to assess progress, risks and issues, and the ability to achieve mission requirements
- Interact and coordinate daily with numerous stakeholders (Program Managers, Contracting Officers, and external organizations)
- BS Degree and 18+ years of related experience with acquisition and program management within the DoD community
- Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the government program office
- Active TS/SCI clearance and ability to consent to and pass a polygraph