SAIC has an opening for a Senior Linux Administrator. This is remote work that may be performed from any location within the United States. This remote worker position is for the senior member and technical lead of a team responsible for the design, implementation, and management of Linux operating systems, systems software and services, including deployment and management of solutions across AWS and Azure cloud infrastructures.
The individual will work with other Linux administrators and serve as a subject matter expert for diverse projects spanning multiple teams to support Managed Service’s product development teams and customer service delivery.
This position requires a well seasoned individual with hands-on experience designing and maintaining IT infrastructure who can work with solutions architects, networking and security teams, and other project stakeholders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work as a senior-member of Linux and Windows systems administration teams, networking, and security in supporting the projects deployed at multiple on-premises facilities and in cloud environments. This includes designing and deploying Linux-based solutions.
- Provide cross-team deployment and administrative support for services including systems integration.
- Create and extend system configuration and automation tools – knowledge of Puppet and/or Ansible is required (Puppet preferred).
- Participation in all security processes, including security patching and auditing, security remediation, and disaster recovery operations.
- Identify, experiment with, and adapt technologies that can better serve the customer and ITMS’ goals.
- Participation in day-to-day process and service optimization, issue discovery and remediation, along with membership in a rotating on-call schedule.
- Project analysis, requirements gathering, analysis of alternatives, testing, and deployment.
- Author, collaborate on, and maintain project, systems, services, and process documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer-oriented discipline or equivalent experience and relevant certifications and 5+ years of experience; Masters and 3+ years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proven work experience as a Linux systems administrator, Red Hat-based distributions preferred.
- Firm knowledge of configuration management in tools such as Puppet.
- Practical experience in Bash and one additional scripting language such as Python.
- Established understanding of DevOps principles and tools.
- US Citizenship is required.
- RHCSA and/or RHCE
- DevOps Foundations
- AWS SysOps Administrator Associate
- Azure Administrator Associate
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.