The Civilian Business Unit of SAIC is seeking a highly qualified Operations Manager to lead a staff of IT personnel on a large federal Information Technology (IT) contract in the Washington DC Metropolitan area.
Job Duties/Responsibilities: Plans, directs, and coordinates the operational and tactical activities of individuals responsible for the delivery of Service Desk and Endpoint Management (Tier 2). Establishes objectives and plans for the team’s operations; identifies and assembles the optimal combination of personnel, technologies, and methodologies to meet current and near-term requirements; translates organizational objectives into work plans; creates contingency plans to meet changes in business circumstances. Position will perform a wide variety of functions as needed to help the team deliver successful results. Responsible for the delivery of the services to the customer and ensuring the services meet the requirements of the contract, customer, regulations, compliance and all other aspects required for outstanding service delivery.
The position will work closely with the government technical leadership, customer organizations and the SAIC Program Manager. The duties will include interfacing with the customer organizations at all levels from CIO to Analysts; developing and meeting project technical and schedule requirements; directing and/or supervising personnel; helping to manage all aspects of the program supporting Service Desk and Endpoint Management teams and technologies.
- Bachelors from an accredited university and ten (10) years or more of related experience or Masters and eight (8) years or more experience.
- Two+ years of management experience overseeing large IT personnel and projects. This must include all aspects of personnel management including hiring, performance management, training/compliance, annual salary planning and all other dimension.
- IT knowledge including service desk, endpoint management both desktops and laptops. Endpoint experience must include patching, compliance management, asset management, OS upgrades, application mangement and all aspects of lifecycle. Service desk experience must include all aspects from ticket intake to resolution, developing/managing SLA's, ensuring outstanding customer service and all related activities to develop and maintain and world class service desk.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
- Tactical and strategic service desk/endpoint management delivery experience ensuring continual improvement and leverage cutting edge technology such as AI to maximize resource utilization.
- Must have experience with a wide variety of technologies such as Windows 10, MAC, Mobile Device Management and all others related to providing these technologies to users.
- Knowledge of IT service management best practices including ITIL and similar approaches. Either possess or be able to obtain ITIL 4 certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification required
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality deliverables created through collaboration including technical and process documentation.
- Excellent analytical skills to uncover root causes to issues.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including ability to develop and deliver presentations to high level customers successfully.