Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the US Space Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and environmental monitoring (EM) capabilities. These systems provide timely missile warning and mission critical environmental data to our warfighter to ensure mission success.
Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for an Integration Engineer with mission integration experience in Department of Defense (DoD) space-based and ground systems with emphasis in Command & Control and Enterprise Ground Services. Candidate will provide systems engineering and integration expertise in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center’s (SMC) Space Based Environmental Monitoring (SBEM) and Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) programs. Candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of end-to-end test & verification support for SBEM and OPIR space and
ground segments to ensure proper sell-off of requirements as well as on-time delivery of capability to the warfighter.
Major duties of the position include:
- Defining the requirements and verification baseline for complex space and ground systems
- Managing ground C2 and EGS development, integration, and test toward operational acceptance
- Allocating and verifying requirements with traceability
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop, review and release specifications and verification plans to field a next-generation system
- Performing specification and Interface Control Document development, change control and requirements database management
- Developing program baseline including coordination between ground and space in support of achieving program objectives, user needs and design milestones
- Contributing to a value-driven Systems Engineering team that drives design evolution in a systematic and thoughtful way
- Defining and verifying innovative solutions to complex mission critical problems
- Supporting and reviewing system level requirements to verification events and generating metrics/reports on requirements verification status
- Integrating activities over the lifecycle of systems in support of common mission areas to include pre-contractual, development and production, as well as operations and sustainment
Baccalaureate degree in an engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent technical discipline and nine (9) plus years of systems integration and systems engineering related or equivalent experience or Master’s degree in an engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent technical discipline and seven (7) plus years of systems integration and systems engineering related or equivalent experience or PhD in an engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent technical discipline and four (4) plus years of systems integration and systems engineering related or equivalent experience
- Experience in working with Model Based Systems Engineering tools and requirements databases
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and works well in a team environment
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams
- Direct experience with DoD and/or NRO Space and Ground systems
- Direct experience with SBIRS and/or OPIR Next Generation System
Must have an Active TS/SCI Clearance
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.