SAIC has a Cyber Software Tool Engineer/Developer opening for qualified candidates to work with our various customers as well as develop new capabilities for SAIC. This position can be worked remotely. The qualified candidate would be a part of a team performing software development of Cyber Tools for offensive, defensive and exploitation purposes. Applicants will have some basic and working knowledge of IT systems and strong software development skills, preferably in a wide variety of operating systems. The Cyber Tools Developer position will entail working with the senior Cyber HBO staff and well as customers and colleagues to develop software to satisfy emergent tasking, ongoing research and development of cyber tools and capability development.
- Establish an automated and secure code development environment to function in an agile software development environment.
- Using the environment you helped to establish, systematically create, share and apply knowledge to better achieve cyber tool development and capability objectives.
- The cyber Tools developer position will function primarily in the virtual environment, however, capabilities must also be developed in classified environments requiring similar an complementary development and deployment environments.
The descriptions below are anticipated to perform the work required:
- Assist with the development of software engineering capabilities (solutions, enhancements, and improvements) to SAIC’s Cyber Tool Development environment.
- Work with other groups in SAIC to develop cutting edge cyber tools, capabilities and services for existing and future customers.
- Establish backlog of cyber tools and work with stake holders to prioritize cyber development activities.
- Establish and maintain Microsoft developer tools or Linux development environments
- Provide recommendations for hardware and software as required.
- Minimum of 5 years applied work experience with developing software for database systems.
- Proven proficiency in one or more of the following: C/C++/C#, Python, Shell Scripting, assembly language
- Knowledge and experience in Cyber tool development and/or Cyber operations
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Data Management or related field.
- Demonstrated work experience and success in cyber software development may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Must be United States citizen
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.