Facilitates design changes to NASA Johnson Space Center’s Mission Systems, which include the Mission Control Center (MCC), Flight Controller Training Systems (TS) and the Space Vehicle Mockup Facility (SVMF).
Applicant should have experience with leading complex system projects, integrating with other organizations such as Software Engineering, Platform Engineering and Maintenance and Operations, and interacting and meeting the needs of the customer.
Prior experience with systems engineering, project management, NASA customer interaction and integrated team leadership is desired, but not required.
The applicant should be familiar with a standard integrated engineering process and its application to development, modification and sustainment activities. The selected individual may perform other related duties and assignments as required.
• Works with the customer, users, and engineers to effectively analyze user requirements, user stories, and operations concepts
• Works with systems engineers and system developers to develop project integration schedules.
• Provides delivery content definition for a project
• Defines and tracks project milestones and dependencies.
• Coordinate development activities including: integrated software and platform testing, cross-facility testing (MCCS, TS, and SVMF), and tracking external dependencies.
• Works with IPT’s to track project delivery schedules.
• Manages project risks in MSOC risk database.
• Works development issues with systems engineers and system developers.
• Reports project status and issues to MSOC management and customer contacts.
• Provides support to the implementation organizations.
• Work effectively in a team setting to collaborate ideas
Typically holds a bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or similar degree) from an accredited college and normally possesses 15 years of professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
• System development lifecycle knowledge/experience
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated leadership experience on technical projects
• Demonstrated project monitoring and control experience
• Ability to interact across organizations and all levels of personnel
• Effective at handling multiple tasks, flexible, and responds quickly to changes
• The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and professionally represent the program.
• Strong initiative and problem solving skills are also required.
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting
• Demonstrated experience across various areas of the systems engineering lifecycle including requirement analysis, design, and documentation
• Familiarity with the Mission Control Center, Training Systems and Space Vehicle Mockup Facility Systems at the Johnson Space Center Understanding of NASA Requirements
• Experience with ITIL workflow toolset
• Experience with agile practices