SAIC is seeking an Operations Engineering Architect to join our team! The Operations Engineering Architect supports multiple Agile DevSecOps teams through the complex processes of infrastructure and technology evaluations, development, deployment, and operational support. Requires a track record of success in IT service delivery; network design; performance management; risk management capacity planning; operations support; application development, systems integration, and deployment; program management, information security; policy and strategic planning; applications software systems; and continuity-of-operations/disaster recovery (COOP/DR) solutions. Directs team members in the integration of COTS software to include design, testing, risk mitigation, implementation planning, and operational handoffs. The Operations Engineering Architect has responsibility for ensuring the security of the system in coordination with the Cybersecurity Operations Lead, including implementing development and delivery processes that eliminate cybersecurity vulnerabilities and other system defects. The Operations Engineering Architect leads the development and implementation of proactive approaches to monitor, measure, and evaluate system performance and capacity metrics, and is responsible for the development and maintenance of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) capabilities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead requirements, analysis, engineering, and testing activities for all development, test, and production infrastructure changes, including administrative, management, monitoring, and security tools.
- Provide engineering services to develop baseline hardware and OS configurations and successfully integrate applications on the platforms.
- Evaluate new or updated COTS products, configurations, and customizations (including version upgrades and maintenance/security updates).
- Monitor end-of-life support for all COTS products and provide suitable replacement products.
- Lead the implementation and integration of custom and COTS solutions into the enterprise infrastructure.
- Maintain security-related documentation (System Design, System Security Plan, policies, security alerts, etc.) in coordination with the Cybersecurity Operations Lead. Evaluate and verifying security scanning results, determining vulnerabilities, executing remediation approaches, tracking progress, and reporting status of pre-production security findings in custom code and/or COTS products
- Work with COTS product manufacturers to communicate and resolve identified issues, defects, and vulnerabilities.
- Implement and maintain Infrastructure as Code (IaC) solutions.
- Manage Tier3 Support services for COTS and infrastructure components.
- Act as primary liaison to multiple Scaled Agile (SAFe) teams, to understand and ensure operation fixes and or enhancements are included in the Program Backlog and properly prioritized for inclusion into the appropriate Program Increment (PI).
This opportunity is contingent upon award.
- Minimum Bachelors in engineering or similar technical based degree and ten (10) years or more IT operations engineering experience, including in a lead or supervisory role.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, and contractors.
- Experience with legacy technologies, including IBM and Unisys mainframe systems is a plus.
- Must be able to obtainIRS Public Trust