SAIC has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer in Middletown, RI.
SAIC is seeking an organized and motivated Systems Engineer who will work effectively in a fast-paced environment. This position can work remote with the ability to make frequent (weekly) trips to our office location being at 28 Jacome Way, Middletown, RI, and/or the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport. You will be part of a collaborative team of engineers and support technicians working to bring a variety of designs from the early concept stage all the way through fabrication.
Your projects will include concept development; requirements development, design, and analysis; baseline management; architecture development; product evaluation, validation and verification; decision analysis; and/or system transition planning.
The System Engineer's activities and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Providing system-level engineering support and expertise to a cross-functional team.
- Providing preliminary solutions to engineering problems of moderate scope and complexity in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner.
- Hardware design and development
- Authoring and maintenance of technical documentation, such as Requirements Specifications, Concepts of Operation, Product and Performance Specifications, Interface Control Documents, Compliance Matrices, Qualification Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports.
- Development and documentation of engineering processes and standards in support of customer requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited college or university; Additional (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of education
- Broad engineering skillsets
- Well-developed work habits
- Eagerness and enthusiasm for solving engineering challenges.
- Must either possess or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Experience with Electronic Warfare, Radio Frequency (RF) and Communications
- Electro-mechanical hardware design and engineering
- Experience with the marine environment and naval operations and systems