SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
This is an exciting opportunity to support an important effort that requires a self-motivated, creative individual to serve as a Communications Officer in the Front Office of a recently established group. The Communications Officer is responsible for developing communications products and managing web content through the use of Joomla in support of a customer Front Office staff. The Communications Officer will work with the customer front office team, other members of the contract team, and other elements of the customer office to develop communications products in multiple formats, including web content, to ensure regular and transparent communications for the group’s dispersed personnel. An important function for the candidate will be identifying, publishing, and refreshing content for the group’s web presence on the customer system.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Developing employee communications content that supports the overall communications strategy and reflects key messaging.
- Managing the group’s web presence to ensure relevant, interactive, and current information is available to the workforce.
- Finding and developing stories that publicize employees, innovation, and relevant programs and help play a key role in shaping the corporate culture and vision.
- Proactively engaging with group personnel to understand communications requirements and content updates for their web presence.
- Writing and publishing content across the range of internal communication channels, including the group’s website.
- Develop employee newsletters and other communications - sourcing and writing content which is relevant, accurate and engaging.
- Developing multiple communication vehicles, including but not limited to: newsletters, presentations, talking points, digital content, letters, brochures, training materials, and video scripts.
- Writing and/or proofreading all communication distributed to team members.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable field from an accredited university and 10+ years of communications experience, including web design and writing/producing internal communications content.
- Must have experience publishing and managing web content; expertise with web design tools.
- Must have working knowledge/experience with Joomla, the platform used by the customer for web publishing content.
- Must have an adaptable work style and be comfortable interacting with all levels of officers and all communication styles.
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills to develop and generate content for meetings, briefings, documents, blogs, and websites.
- Must have expertise with Microsoft Office products, especially Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.