This is an opening for a Video Teleconferencing Engineer to support a Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. This program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DoS in successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission. IRM provides enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktops, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications across the Department. Program is named "Vanguard" and is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department's servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, anti-virus engineering, public key infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security engineering.
This position requires a combination of technical/engineering knowledge, commitment, and a willingness to go the extra mile. This position supports the Department of State’s Video Program Office, with engineering expertise in designing, engineering, and implementing VTC solutions for the Department.
Description of Duties:
- Provide Tier 3 level engineering support for existing and new VTC environments within the Department of State, both domestically and overseas.
- Work with other VTC engineers and vendors to design VTC solutions for the enterprise.
- Configure/setup VTC equipment as part of design and implementation efforts and perform troubleshooting to solve difficult/complex issues.
- Develop recommendations and implement plans for pilot and deployment of new technology solutions and refresh to existing technologies
- Assist with the evaluation, design, documentation, installation/implementation, testing and deployment of new Cisco VTC Enterprise environment.
- Prepare documentation in support of required Department of State guidelines for new and ongoing projects.
- Resolve system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolation.
- Work to integrate existing or new video teleconference tools/products (WebEx, Skype) within the Departments’ VTC environment.
- Prepare diagrams/drawings of existing and new VTC topography.
- Support implementation of required security measures to ensure compliance with established Department cyber security guidelines.
- Work with VTC technicians to provide training and knowledge transfer for the ongoing daily operations of VTC equipment.
- Provide monthly input to required customer status reports, to include status of all ongoing and planned projects.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent training in an IT specialty and nine (9) years or more experience
- 6+ years of experience with voice, data and LAN/WAN communications systems.
- Network+ or comparable certification.
Required Experience, Skills, & Attributes
- Specific experience working with Cisco TMS and VCS applications, and WebEx
- Experience with Cisco/Tandberg Codecs, Multipoint Controlling Units (MCU) and associated audio/video equipment.
- Experience with AV/VTC Networks and components.
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) preferred
- Working knowledge and experience configuring Cisco video devices and applications.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex VTC problems and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior level management, providing technical material and briefings as required.
- Technical writing skills.
- Ability to handle moderately complex assignments with little supervision and to determine methods to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Microsoft Office Software such as MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and Visio experience.
- Must hold an active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI.
Desired Experience, Skills, Attributes
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred.