SAIC is currently looking to hire a Project Engineer to our team in San Diego, CA.
Candidate will provide engineering and documentation support for an Engineering Team at a customer location. Efforts will be focused towards integration of Commercial Off-the Shelf (COTS) electronics for military C41 systems.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Leading multi-disciplinary technical teams of 1-5 people including mechanical, electrical, systems, and network engineers and drafters.
- Coordinate between multiple technical and programmatic stakeholders to drive technical deliveries within scope and schedule for designs, technical data packages (TDP's), and engineering development models (EDM's).
- Identifying, documenting, and verifying system requirements with attention to shipboard, submarine, shore, and aircraft platform requirements.
- Guiding development, reviewing, and approving of designs and documentation for electronic equipment cabinets, equipment mounting kits, and equipment subassemblies.
- Reviewing and approving detailed drawings and designs including detailed parts for manufacturing and integration.
- Reviewing and approving detailed cable fabrication drawings, interconnect diagrams, and assembly work instructions.
- Overseeing fit-check and quality assurance (QA) on prototype metal assemblies and supporting first article integration activities.
- Enforcing configuration management (CM) of engineering drawings and TDP elements including validation, review, approval, and incorporation of engineering change notices (ECN's).
This role is temporarily remote/work from home/virtual due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back to joining our team in San Diego once the threat of COVID-19 has passed.
Required education and experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Systems, Mechanical, hardware Engineering or similar STEM field and 5 years of experience OR Masters Degree in Systems, Mechanical, Hardware Engineering or similar STEM field and 3 years or more experience; years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
An Interim DoD Secret Clearance required, with the ability to obtain a final Secret Clearance.
- Working knowledge of ASME Drawing Requirements Manual (DRM) including ASME Y14.5, MIL-STD-31000, or other industry documentation standards.
- Candidate must be able to understand scope of work and lead technical teams to completion within established schedules.
- Candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a team environment to provide technical guidance and team leadership.
- Strong technical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Candidate must be able to accept directions and constructive criticism and also be able to professionally deliver direction and critiques.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in the design and fabrication of electronic enclosures and rack mount equipment.
- Experience in the development of systems hosted within EIA/ECA-310 racks desired.
- Familiarity with military environment test standards including Navy shipboard shock, vibration, electromagnetic compatibility, power utilization, and COTS hardening desired.
- Experience with Solidworks software for review of 3D models and associated drawings.
- Experience with AutoCAD software for review of 2D models and associated drawings.