SAIC is hiring a Systems Engineer who will support Test and Evaluation (T&E) of U.S. Navy surfact ships and weapon systems for Program Executive Office Ships (PEO Ships) PMS 500 for the DDG 1000 Zumwalt Class Destroyer at the Navy Yard in Washington DC.
Your work will contribute to the success for Zumwalt Class, which includes test planning and execution DDG 1000 and DDG 1001.
Test Engineer responsibilities will include:
- Identifying system requirements for verification and validation.
- Defining and validating resources needed to test system requirements.
- Involvement in test planning, budgeting, resource coordination, test execution and reporting.
- Identifying the type, quantity and timing of surrogates needed. The position includes tracking Combat System program development and production to identify and communicate Developmental and Operational as well as Combat System Sea Qualification Trials (CSSQT).
- Supporting test execution by confirming that required resources are scheduled and available.
- Designing creative solutions and proposing alternative approaches when desired resources are not projected to be available.
- Additionally, they will perform technical writing to include Non-Compliance memorandums, Engineering Assessments, test schedules, assessment artifacts, position papers, white papers, test plans and program briefs; support various working groups and meetings by facilitating meetings, developing meeting minutes, executive summaries, capturing and tracking action items.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in electrical, aerospace or marine engineering, or four years of equivalent experience.
- US Citizen with an Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Navy / DoD weapon system acquisition contractor, or two years of equivalent experience
- Operational and Technical knowledge of US Navy Ship Systems and programs
- Comfortable briefing senior level Navy Leadership
- Strong technical writing proficiency
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Previous U.S. Navy Active Duty in Senior Enlisted or Officer Positions
- Familiarity with DoD Test and Evaluation (T&E) ranges
- Familiarity with DoD systems engineering processes
- Experience in writing TEMPs, CDDs, Test Plans or other testing documentation