SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Bring on Tomorrow!
We are seeking an experienced, Senior Cloud Architect to provide multi-cloud management advisory services in support of national security objectives. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud in C2E. They will provide unbiased, independent advisory services on the use, performance and delivery of cloud services. They facilitate business relationships between Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) and Sponsor organizations consuming authorized C2E cloud service offerings. Additionally, they provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud architectures, deployment, and operations to assist the Sponsor with pre-migration planning activities associated with navigating the complexities of utilizing CSP technologies and service offerings in a multi-cloud environment and collect on-going metrics, analysis and related information.
- Must have active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
- Requires a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or additional years of specialized experience in a scientific or technical discipline in the areas of Computer or Information Technology (6 additional years of experience in lieu of degree)
- Must have minimum 12+ years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations to include:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing, executing, and supporting IT cloud solutions
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing solutions architecture and evaluating architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and other cloud services
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability, provisioning, networking)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Multi-Cloud orchestration and implementations spanning at least two commercial public cloud offerings in AWS, Azure, Google, Microsoft, or IBM
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in DevOps tool chains and (e.g., Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Knowledge of security technology operational industry standards
- Leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation