Join a winning team! SAIC’s Defense System Group is seeking engineers to support the modernization of the US Army.
SAIC has an opening for a motivated, career, and customer oriented Senior Systems Architect to provide Systems and Operational Architecture support with the Army Futures Command (AFC) team located in Austin, TX. . We are supporting the architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions at the Enterprise level. This work establishes the modernization of future integrated systems across the Army.
- Identify and align requirements, derive system architecture and functional design, and identify associated risks to ensure products meet Army requirements
- Apply AFC (Army Futures Command) strategy and architecture needed to support decision making
- Consolidate current and planned system architectures
- Develop architecture models to capture the holistic view of the enterprise
- Identify and define future capability and interoperability needs while working across multiple Offices and Organizations
- Identify critical architecture and system level trades
- Maintain data dictionary and data lineage across architecture components
Required Education and Clearance:
- Bachelors of Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline and ten (10) years or more experience
- Must have an Active Secret clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
Additional Required Experience:
- Experience in the development and maintenance of architecture products across the span of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), to include Project Views, Capability Views, Operational Views, System/Service Views, Standard Views and Data and Information Views.
- Familiar with and able to develop architecture artifacts using common modelling standards and languages (e.g. Unified Profile for MODAF and DoDAF (UPDM) Unified Modeling Language (UML), Systems Modelling Language (SysML), and Business Process Modeling and Notation (BPMN)).
- Proven experience with technical fundamentals in an existing Army program (e.g., ground vehicles, air, missile defense, soldier systems).
- Expert-level proficiency with use of architecture tool(s) to support senior level enterprise decision making
- Architecture domain understanding from a holistic enterprise perspective
- Ability to recommend enterprise architecture tradeoffs, impacts, and advancement
- Proven experience in the development and use of modeling for architecture solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer-focused and capable of representing the customer in community forums
- Familiarization with the US Army’s staff operating procedures and the Military Decision Making Process
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) for interaction with customer and Headquarter staff
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline
- Certified Architect (e.g. DoDAF, TOGAF, UAF, MODAF, Zachman, CSEP)
- Experience in Cameo EA or similar Enterprise Architecture Tool set
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.