SAIC has an immediate opportunity for a Network Engineer on the NASA National Security Systems Team (NSS) at Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL. This position requires a Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and video communication activities.
- Perform configuration, preventative maintenance, fault isolation of local/remote LAN equipment, and possess a detailed knowledge of and experience with various Cisco product lines.
- Duties may include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Conduct testing of network systems and associated devices.
- Evaluate and report on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Ensures data integrity and storage meet Federal standards.
- Conduct audit of equipment and production systems and create appropriate reports.
- Provide guidance to subordinates to achieve objectives in accordance with established policies.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelors and 2 years of related experience. Masters and 0 years related experience. Experience can be used in lieu of degree.
- The candidate must have a concrete working knowledge of network infrastructure design, routed data protocols, and hardware platforms.
- Firm knowledge of technologies such as DHCP, DNS, SSH, TCP, and UDP.
- Experience in WAN and LAN, routing, switching, firewall, load-balancing, NSA type 1 encryption devices.
- Advanced understanding of security device architecture, engineering, and installation/management.
- Demonstrate configuration level knowledge of Cisco Firewalls.
- Proven experience in a similar Network Engineer role and in an IT environment of similar scope and scale.
- Knowledge in Operating Systems such as Windows, Cisco, and CentOS.
- Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Knowledge of Riverbed Steel Central Appliances
- Knowledge of Splunk
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager Suite
- Certification: CCNA, CCNP, Sec+