The VG221 Technical Security and Safeguards (TSS) Service Line Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Department of State IRM TSS team. The manager will be responsible for supervising a team of SAIC and subcontractor resources. The lead shall be responsible for resource management and project management expertise to drive TSS projects. The lead shall be responsible for managing TSS program costs and schedules and ensuring contract compliance. The manager shall be capable of integrating the planning and leading of engineering activities to include the testing, implementation, and maintenance of IT solutions. The lead shall be able to communicate and coordinate all TSS related work to the Government customer and SAIC Senior Management. The manager shall be capable of evaluating performance results, performing risk assessments, and recommending changes impacting the TSS team.
Description of Duties:
- Perform as the primary customer interface for technical and business matters, information sharing, and basic problem resolution
- Serve as initial point of contact for engagement with customers to identify their Information Communication Technology projects
- Coordinates with TSS contracting team to ensure customer requirements are met
- Provide budget and schedule management support, expertise, and guidance to Government customer and contractor supervisor
- Takes lead with all logistics surrounding customer engagements including coordinating, leading and documenting meetings; additionally track after action items
- Escalate issues, risks, and concerns if any task may not meet agreed upon schedule
- Track and report on task completion to TSS Government Program Management
- Manage risk, customer relationships, and program staffing.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and escalate challenges to leadership.
- Support business development and program staff management.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience; May accept addtional experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience managing mixed team including direct labor, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ability to conduct management and contract discussions.
- Use standard, well-defined processes, procedures, techniques, or tools.
- Ability to escalate program issues to senior management for assistance.
- Provide input to corporate activities including performance reviews, compensation-related actions, and staffing and hiring recommendations. Raise personnel issues to appropriate internal support elements.
- Ability to act independently while routinely being reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall quality and content.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivation, professional demeanor and accountability.
- Must hold an active Top Secret Security clearance with eligibility to get SCI.
Desired Experience, Skills, & Attributes
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- PMP Certification
- Risk Management
- Earned Value Management