Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
SAIC is seeking a RF Systems Engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer for a complex space and ground efforts as part of an exciting and innovative set of programs.
SAIC is seeking an experienced senior engineer with technical and practical understanding of RF systems and phenomenology to support advanced technology development and demonstration programs in support of resiliency spanning a diverse set of global threats. The engineer should have specific experience with Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) systems, as well as operations and testing experience. The technology-oriented engineer should understand both technical and programmatic aspects of fielded and planned future RF technologies, including operational concepts, applied technology, and system architectures, in order to facilitate the demonstration and transition of novel resilient capabilities to operations. The RF Test Engineer should be able to quickly adapt to a multi-tasking environment and be comfortable working amongst a diverse and energetic team in the pursuit of mission objectives and project success.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Government in developing operational concepts (CONOPS), mission threads, architectures for R&D projects, test plans, test execution checklists, and writing data handling procedures
- Advise the customer on how to coordinate with internal and external community partners to identify technology gaps, design technology development plans, and execute technology projects/programs for successful transition into customer systems
- Ensure the R&D efforts are planned and conducted on a sound engineering basis including management of technical risks
- Support test planning activities by coordinating with test sites, program offices, operators, and approval authorities
- Lead the test execution functions, as the test director, by running test execution checklists and finalizing all aspects of the test plans
- Write test reports summarizing test results
- Identify gaps between capabilities and acquisition program needs being conducted by the Government acquisition office customers
- Provide support to acquisition, source selection and programmatic processes
- Provide technical support to customer activities such as participation in program readiness and design reviews
- Develop documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, brief Government and industry as required
- Active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
- BS in engineering or science discipline related to physics, engineering, or mathematics
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Experience with development of RF technologies for Space Applications
- Experience and knowledge related to field testing efforts
- Superb technical skills and experience related to space hardware, RF sensors and subsystems, and associated signal/image processing methods
- Experience with the Intelligence Community and/or the Department of Defense
- Extensive experience with IC architectures, spacecraft, and payloads
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong briefing and writing skills
- Ability to communicate very technical subjects to a diverse audience of senior decision makers with varying levels of technical expertise