The Office of Information Technology (OCIT) is looking for an accomplished Sr. IT Application Developer to play a pivotal role. This position is responsible for the design, development and implementation of new computer software systems as well as maintaining and enhancing large and complex existing system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, test, implement, and maintain software programs; Integrate best software development practices in software design, development and deployment
- Implement high quality, secure and maintainable code using standard software design patterns and best practices.
- Participate in gathering software requirements and develop software applications.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed
- Collaborate with other developers, business analysts, project managers, business users, vendors, and management.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Desirable Qualifications & Core Competencies
The ideal candidate will have web-based design, development, and maintenance experience
using full life cycle development experience, which includes requirements analysis and technical design through implementation. The candidate can create new applications or improve existing applications, run software tests, develop product prototypes and create technical documents and manuals relating to application development.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess extensive experience and/or knowledge in the following competencies:
- Previous experience with Angular 2+ is preferred.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Extensive MS SQL database and SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) knowledge and development experience.
- Previous experience with BI tools such as PowerBI, Tableau a plus.
- Mobile apps development experience is a plus
- Team-player with strong communication and interpersonal skills, possess a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.