SAIC has an opening for a Senior Systems Administrator supporting a DoD contract located in Reston, VA.
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Experience maintaining and patching systems within a closed network environment
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Periodically assist with DevOps and SecDevOps processes.
- Assist in creating and maintaining programmatic and technical documentation to insure efficient planning and execution.
- Provide assistance in managing and documenting system configurations
- Deploy product/solution in support of a DoD contract in capacity of systems administrator.
- Participate in test coordination and oversight for all applications and systems supported by the program
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configuration of hardware peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of related experience; 4 years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
Candidate must either have these certifications or agree to obtain within 60 days after hire
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) Certification
- Security+ Certification
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux based environments
- Proven skills working in multi-flavored environment (e.g., Windows, RHEL, CentOS, Debian)
- Knowledge of Cloud based environment (e.g., servers and endpoints)
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware 6x, Docker, OpenShift 4x)
- Managing Network File System (NFS) in Red Hat OpenShift 4x environment
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Solid networking knowledge (Cisco, OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Must be able to obtain Top Secret level clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.